Irish Cousins

Discussions concerning Autosomal DNA.

Moderator: CeCeMoore

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:05 pm
I don't know many of my third cousins and I know far less about fourth and fifth cousins. I think that it is fair to say that the 3,000 matches that I have at FTDNA are all 4th and 5th cousins and my paper trail does not go beyond 3rd cousin matches.

Every Irish person has more than 14,000 living relatives, research finds.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.3473134
"People from Ulster could have up to 17,558 relations globally while people in Connacht were found to have 13,504 relatives, scientists found."

https://isogg.org/wiki/Cousin_statistics
Relationship
Number of cousins
First cousins
Second cousins
Third cousins
Fourth cousins
Fifth cousins
Sixth cousins

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:40 pm
FYI. I have three dna matches at ancestry who fit into my paper trail.
Match A is a match at 115 cMs across five segments. He lives in America and his GGGF was a brother to my GGGM, paternal.
Match B is a match at 30 cMs across two segments. She lives in Britain and her GGF was a brother to my GGM, maternal.
Match C is a match at 22.6 cMs across two segments. She lives in Ireland and her GGGGM and my GGGGF were brother and sister, maternal.
She has up loaded her data to gedmatch and she matches me on one chromosome at 27 cMs and another at 10 cMs according to gedmatch!
I have looked for other testers who match in this chromosome in the same region and I have found a number of these matches but they are not matches to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also,
There is something wrong with gedmatch genesis at present because I have matches who are listed as 10 cM matches but they do not match at 10 cMs whenever I tried one to one compare with them.

My Ancestry matches are pointing to the very regions that my ancestors were born in and I have a lot of matches. That is how they determined my ethnicity profile.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:02 am
dartraighe wrote:FYI. I have three dna matches at ancestry who fit into my paper trail.
Match A is a match at 115 cMs across five segments. He lives in America and his GGGF was a brother to my GGGM, paternal.
Match B is a match at 30 cMs across two segments. She lives in Britain and her GGF was a brother to my GGM, maternal.
Match C is a match at 22.6 cMs across two segments. She lives in Ireland and her GGGGM and my GGGGF were brother and sister, maternal.
She has up loaded her data to gedmatch and she matches me on one chromosome at 27 cMs and another at 10 cMs according to gedmatch!
I have looked for other testers who match in this chromosome in the same region and I have found a number of these matches but they are not matches to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also,
There is something wrong with gedmatch genesis at present because I have matches who are listed as 10 cM matches but they do not match at 10 cMs whenever I tried one to one compare with them.

My Ancestry matches are pointing to the very regions that my ancestors were born in and I have a lot of matches. That is how they determined my ethnicity profile.

I can't believe the large chunk of dna that I got from my GGGM on the paternal side of my family. Unfortunately ancestry does not have a chromosome browser so I can't look for segment matches and my cousin matches are not interested in joining GEDmatch.

Return to Autosomal DNA