Big Y700

Any discussions regarding y-DNA markers, results or questions.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:13 am
Great blog post by Linda Jonas.

https://ultimatefamilyhistorians.blogsp ... yfull.html

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 am
dartraighe wrote:Great blog post by Linda Jonas.

Thanks to her who wrote that. Of course nothing new for me, but not being of English mother tongue I'd have had many difficulties in writing all that.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:05 am
Gioiello wrote:
dartraighe wrote:Great blog post by Linda Jonas.

Thanks to her who wrote that. Of course nothing new for me, but not being of English mother tongue I'd have had many difficulties in writing all that.

Yfull and FTDNA must be working together now because one of my variants has been deleted at FTDNA and at Yfull. And two FGC recurrent variants that were found in my Y-700 results by Yfull are now in the FTDNA block tree. Also, my private YSNPs at Yfull are all named FT!

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:19 am
dartraighe wrote:
Yfull and FTDNA must be working together now because one of my variants has been deleted at FTDNA and at Yfull. And two FGC recurrent variants that were found in my Y-700 results by Yfull are now in the FTDNA block tree. Also, my private YSNPs at Yfull are all named FT!

It seems that there is a Syria war and peace also on genetics...

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 pm
In my FTDNA homepage I checked out the list of FGC named YSNPs in my Y-700 results. I looked for YSNPs where the reference and genotype were different. I found three new YSNPs that were not there before. I looked them up in the ybrowse site and they are registered with haplogroup unknown. Yfull has not used these YSNPs in their analysis of my BAM file and they are not in the Yfull tree. The BAM file browser shows all of them to be of good quality. All Big Y-700 testers should do a little research on their own files because it is easy for some of them missed by the expert who looks after the FTDNA tree. He is looking at thousands of new tests and we can help him because we have only one to look at.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Posted in the U106 forum.
"According to a message from Yahoo, it looks like Yahoo Groups will "no longer host user-created content on its sites" starting December 14, 2019.
Also, "New content can no longer be updated after October 28, 2019".

It looks to me like this will mean the end of Yahoo Groups.

According to the FAQs (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html ... sions=true), we will have to save all the uploaded data, including conversations and files, before it is finally deleted on December 14.

Apparently, it will be possible to use the group strictly by e-mail but not via the web interface.

In other groups I am a member of, migration to www.groups.io has been cited as a viable option."

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am
Posted by a some U106 experts.

"It was discussed a few years ago whether it was appropriate for FTDNA’s Haplotree analysis to drill down to say, the last 300 years.

But that looks to have gone by the board – and even if you test a male second cousin, you might now expect any Y-SNP that is unique to your line, or unique to his line, to be identified and equally that all the Y-SNPs you share in common to be identified. Whether you can get them in the right descent sequence depends on further triangulation.

It looks as though FTDNA plans to triangulate the male world, as things stand right now."

"We have at least one person in our group who has a SNP that his father doesn’t have, so he is the only person we know who has found his “true terminal SNP”. For everyone else, it remains a work in progress.

DNA test results are not static. In that sense, they are never really “completed”."

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Z8 (a major subclade of U106) discovered in Medieval Ireland

"A report from someone attending Genetic Genealogy Ireland (in Dublin) where one of the speakers (Lara Cassidy) spoke about yet to be published research of roughly 100 Ancient/Medieval DNA results in Ireland. She reported where remains from a medieval cemetery in Roscommon has tested positive for Z351 (which is one of the SNPS at the Z8 clade level)."

https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z8/

The Irish dna paper is embargoed until May 2020.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:52 pm
A post by a U106 expert.

FTDNA is using these terminologies.

"Private variants: These are listed in a separate tab in your BigY results. They represent all the SNPs you have that are not on the haplotree. There are several reasons they may not appear on the haplotree:
(1) Most commonly, because you are the only person in your haplogroup who has tested positive for these SNPs;
(2) Because you have a Big Y-700 test and the other people in your most-recent haplogroup(s) only have a BigY-500 test, so they can't claim to be positive or negative for these SNPs;
(3) Because, while you might share these private variants with some of your matches, FTDNA has not yet updated the haplotree to reflect this (they are a couple of months behind on this)."

"Non-matching variants: These are listed in a column of your "Matches" tab. These represent a subset of your private variants, which will sometimes have been given names already. You can check out how the numbers and names match up at http://ybrowse.org. These non-matching variants are SNPs that are explicitly called negative in either your test or your match's, i.e. one of you is definitely positive for it, and one of you is definitely negative for it. These are the SNPs that clearly separate you.

This is a bit of a boon to those of us trying to compute TMRCAs. The basic principle behind this is to take the number of non-matching variants and multiply by:
(1) 63 years/mutation if your are comparing BigY-500 tests or a BigY-500 and a BigY-700 test, or;
(2) 42 years/mutation if you are comparing two BigY-700 tests.
Note that these two rates are half what you might see elsewhere because you have SNPs down two different lines. Of course, take the answers with a hefty pinch of salt, because the random process by which genetic mutations form means the dates are imprecise."

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:34 am
Yfull has added four indels to my haplogroup page. It was worth the money sending my FTDNA BAM file to Yfull and getting a second opinion. Yfull was able to compare my file to the files from other labs such as FGC and Dante. I have a lot of very useful ydna markers which will help me to fill in the gaps in my YDNA line.

Gio
FTDNA has added a new tester to the Z156 Y-700 block tree with 60 YSNPs under Z156 which has pushed the number of YSNP generations in my Y-line upwards. That has made my terminal branch a lot older than when I looked at it last. That makes Z156 the oldest branch under U106 at present. The DF98 that was found in Prague was 11 YSNPs downstream of Z156 as far as I can remember. That would push the age of U106 and P312 beyond the current estimate.

Here is a link to the U106 ancient dna list to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1743270299
PreviousNext

Return to y-DNA Discussions