L0 mtDNA Haplogroup Project

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:29 pm
We have just started a mtDNA L0 haplogroup project with the goal of learning more about the L0 tree and its distribution in Africa. Over the next few days I'll be posting more information from research studies of L0. If you know anyone who is in L0, please encourage them to join the project. We hope to be able to link people in specific L0 subclades to regions within Africa and the Middle East.

Here is the project webpage:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/L0/

And here are instructions for joining the project:

1. Log into your FTDNA account, and select “PROJECTS” and then "JOIN".

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and under "mt HAPLOGROUP PROJECTS" click on "L(4)". You will see a list of L mtDNA projects.

3. You can click on “L0 mtDNA” to join the L0 project, and then click the orange “JOIN” button. If you have already upgraded to the FMS (Mega) mtDNA please also share your Coding Region results.

4. To share your coding region results with the project administrators, click on "My Account" and select "Results Display Settings". Check the circle “Yes” for "Show my mtDNA Coding Region Mutations to Administrators of these Projects" for the L0 project, and click on “Save” at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,
Gail

Return to Haplogroup L (mtDNA)